Fashion Design and Interior Decoration
Students on sewing machines making clothes in a fashion lecture session
Certificate and Diploma
Unity College of fashion and design was established with a purpose
to equip the trainee with fashion trade skills to enable them become
The college has adequate training facilities and fully equipped library as well as qualified instructors/lecturers. The college has changed the lives of many trainees who have become successful people in various businesses and establishments in the Republic. Our intake is continuous throughout the year.
Why Unity College is the best in fashion design
- Very highly qualified, experienced and dedicated instructors
- One student per sewing machine
- Electric, manual and overlook machine available.
- Enough working and cutting space.
- Industrial and domestic stitching machine.
- Refresher classes offered with assistance of our training staff
- A conducive and friendly learning environment
- Government approved center
- Attachment assured at E.P.Z.
- College certificate and diploma at the end of training.
Students parading their designs at the at a fashion show
Our certificate targets various levels of personnel i.e. school leavers, those working in offices, school teachers, hospitals (nurses) and those in business who would like to sharpen their skills and knowledge in fashion designing, pattern making, cutting skill and stitching knowledge.
The whole course covers the following:
- Fashion and Design
- Pattern making and cutting
- Machine maintenance
- Practical and theory (Children, ladies and men's wear)
- Sales and marketing
Safety precaution in the workshop.
- Course Duration
- Certificate - One year
- Diploma - Two years
- "O" level and above (interest is the driving factor).
- Classes are conducted from Monday to Friday from 8.00 a.m. - 4.00 p.m.
- For working people, class is conducted from 4.00 p.m. to 6.00 p.m. weekdays
- Saturday from 9.00 a.m. - 2.00 p.m.
Interior Design ( 1 Year)
An interior designer is much more than a decorator. He/She is a key contributor to the professional team and works in collaboration with architects, quantity surveyors, engineers, project managers, building contractors and suppliers of products, from the design stage to the final completion of the project.
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Successfully render their own structural measurements of a set of detailed floor plans
- Use and understand the elements (space, form, line, texture, ornament) and principles (scale, proportion, balance, rhythm, emphasis, harmony) of design through use of assigned projects and exams.
- Use and understand the various aspects of lighting, space planning and color dynamics through the use of related projects and exams.
- Successfully create a total home design by working with the elements, principles, lighting, color dynamics, shell treatment and furniture pieces.
- Orientation to interior design
- Elements and principles of design
- Planning for space
- Floors, Ceilings, Walls, Windows and Doors