Early Childhood Education And Pre-Primary Teacher's Training College
Students in The early childhood education class in session
We offer Certificate and Diploma Courses
Register every last week of the months starting April, August & December for in services& with arrangement for full time Programme. Our Trainers are highly qualified and experienced (DICECE Trainers in ECD)
Full time and inservice programmes are comprehensive and subjects
|Full time and inservice programmes
are intensive covers:
AttachmentField experiences are an important part of our trainer all levels and therefore our students must be with training period. (BOTH IN-SERVICE AND FULL TIME PROGRAMMES) - Assistance is offered.
Award of certificates
- The teacher must have attained all the sessions in each programme continuously.
- He/She must have passed practical teaching sessions.
- Passed in all papers in the sessional final written examinations.
- Have been continuously graded in all written and practical assessments.
- All students admitted must follow the college guidance given.
In the Pre-School Curriculum
Pre-Primary 1-1-3 years old
Pre-Primary 2-4-5 years old
Pre-Primary 3-5-6 years old
Our college-trained teachers are comfortable in teaching lower primary classes as well i.e. (6-7 years old) Std. 1-3.
We follow the Early Child Development Syllabus set by (KENYA INSTITUTE OF EDUCATION NATIONAL CENTRE FOR EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCAATION) Ministry of Education - (NACECE)
Our teachers are prepared for both the College certificate and Education ministry certificates. (Teachers certificate in early childhood education)
The College uses the most effective and recommended "HEURISTIC AND EXPOSITORY" learning methods through participatory and child center approach.
EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION DEVELOPMENT TEACHERS CERTIFICATE
Diploma programs in progress. Both inservice and full time for those who have already completed the certificate course and having attained at least a pass.
1. Form four leaver - D+ Aggregate and above.
For Diploma - A pass in Certificate course.
2. Any other Certificate deemed relevant by our admission panel (with an interview).
April - 3 weeks
August - 3 weeks
December - 3 weeks
ECD CERTIFICATE CLASS
1. Full Time Programs (Six sessions class work and one term attachment).
· Apply before 30th December, every year.
· Late intake to be done in early January to early March.
· September / October intake
2. In-service (2 years)
- Apply before March 30th
- Late admission to be done in June and July
3. Diploma (One year full sessions)
- Apply before 30th December, every year.
- Late intake to be done also early January to early March.
- September / October intake.
4. In-service programs -(2 years)
- Apply before 31st January each year